Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Working Mommies

How many mommies love going to work and leaving their newborn behind? Nobody!

It is a very stressful time for a working mom. In my experience, I have always worked. I probably took off about 1 year when my first daughter was born, since I had a lot of learning to do! Other than that, I have worked and gone to school. People have many opinions about what is right and wrong when it comes to staying home or working. I choose to work because I worked hard for my career, I need to be in a workplace setting and receive a paycheck. I need to be following my own dreams from 9-5. A lot of women choose to stay home after having kids and if it fits your family than that is awesome!

I looked at the benefits of being a stay-at home mommy & of a working mommy.


Stay at home mommy

  • Don't miss any of your child's milestones
  • You don't have to worry about childcare
  • Are able to give your child the best education and teach them family values at an early age
  • Nap time :)
  • Be on top of household chores and meals

Working mommy
  • Paycheck!
  • your child becomes more independent in a daycare setting
  • You don't have to depend on your husband's income
  • you have a career & don't have to wait till your little ones are in highschool
  • child bonds with other children

Of course, every family is different and what works for one doesn't for the other. It is important when considering being a stay at home mommy, that you talk with your husband and weigh all the pros and cons. It is also perfectly fine if you do decide to go back to work and realize this is not for you and would rather stay home.

No matter what we choose, I know that us mommies makes our choices in our child's best interest. We want to give them a better life and it can be done if you choose to stay home or work. 



No comments:

Post a Comment